Monday, May 22, 2006

Back From Spain

I'm behind in my posting since returning from Spain. We had a wonderful time but it is good to be home. I'm still waking up at 4 am and hoping I will get back into my usual sleep routine soon. While in Spain I managed to knit a pair of socks for my DDIL. They are knit with Fortissima Colori by Schoeller&Stahl in color #9074. I began each sock in the exact same place so the stripes would line up on each sock. I started another pair using #9098 for DS. I love collecting sea glass. Most mornings while in Spain I would walk the beach looking for sea glass. One of my favorite books is "Pure Sea Glass" by Richard LaMotte. This book is a great reference for anyone interesting in collecting. The photography, by Celia Pearson, is spectacular. They say sea glass is getting very scarce and hard to find. I was able to find a treasure trove on the beaches of Marbella Spain.Needless to say my luggage was definitely heavier then when I arrived.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Terri. Beautiful socks...I love the colors!

Rebecca said...

Your MEXIKO Socks look perfect! I gave up trying to line my stripes up. Out of all the different yarn my socks are knit with, this one NEVER fails to get complements. It was a fun knit - kept knitting along just to see the next color change :-)

http://socks-for-mum.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Terri - your blog is full of treasures! I've just ordered Sea Glass from Amazon - it had never occurred to me that people "officially" collected this stuff! I have a mosaic plate I made from bits of ceramics from the sea. Maybe I'm not mad after all!

And I now want an auto knitter!

Marji said...

fabulous glass! I just came back from Topsail Beach with 3 pc's that I found, and felt lucky to have found them.

Unknown said...

In my home town, one of the beaches was used as a dump for years. As a result, the first couple inches of sand is actually sea glass, even though it's no longer the dump. It's called Glass Beach.

Anonymous said...

Hello Terri,

I just wanted to thank you for the very kind words about my book Pure Sea Glass. I also wanted to let you know the first ever North American Sea Glass Festival will be held in Santa Cruz, CA 10/7-8. You can learn more about it at the web site of the seaglassassociation.com . If you knit something in the pastel sea glass tones I may want to buy it for my wife. Great Blog!
- Richard LaMotte