I purchased this loom from eBay almost 2 years ago. I think I paid more for shipping than I did for the loom. No surprise! There wasn't any part of this loom that wasn't rusted or filthy.
It's a Structo Artcraft 600 4-shaft loom with a maximum weaving width of 20". The loom came with a 15-dent reed. If the reed is sleyed two threads per dent (for a sett of 30 ends per inch) the loom could accommodate 600 warp ends. It was made sometime around 1925 but before 1932 (when the next model was released). I was able to find an original owner's manual and product catalog on eBay. Click any picture below to enlarge.
I took the loom completely apart and sanded all the metal parts down to bare metal and spray painted them back to their original black paint. I decided not to sand the mahogany down to bare wood, instead I sanded the old finish off with steel wool and used Restor-A-Finish. This stuff is amazing.
Ta-dah... Here is the completed loom. I created cloth aprons with rods and ordered TexSolv heddles. I really didn't think I could get the rust off the 15-dent reed but I kept at it and it came out beautifully.
Here she is with her first warp. I used the Katie Reeder Meek method of using a trapeze. You can get a review of her book Warp with a Trapeze and Dance With Your Loom Using Live-Tensioned Weights here.
For the first project I put on a little over 5 yards of cotton warp for dishtowels.
I really enjoyed restoring this old loom. It's hard to believe it's the same loom.