Thursday, April 29, 2010

Baby Jordy ~ This Post Is For You!!!

I've been on Nantucket for about 3 weeks. We had wonderful weather for Daffodil Weekend but the cold weather has returned. Brrrrrrrr.... Tomorrow I'll be returning to Maryland for a quick visit to attend a baby shower for my DDIL and hope to attend Maryland Sheep & Wool while there.

I hope she likes the gifts I made for her.

The pattern is called Baby Delight by Irene Kubilius published in Knitter's Magazine 45, Winter 1996. With the left over yarn I knit the baby socks. Dreambaby DK from Plymouth Yarn was used.


I enjoyed was making this four patch quilt. I just finished it last night. It has been years since I have worked on a quilting project. Inspiration came from Quilts for Baby: Easy as ABC by Ursula Reikes. All the materials are flannel. The quilt was completely hand-pieced. The border was hand-quilted with the center tied. The corners are mitered and the binding was cut on the bias.

Quilt top.

Quilt back.

Quilt label.

Into the front-loader for a final washing.


I made the 3" Nantucket lightship basket in my workshop and the doll chair in Hampshire County, WV with Charles Boland. To see how the chairs are made see this previous post or this one. The rabbit is holding a photo album with pictures of Grandma making the chair.

2 comments:

Nadine said...

You have even outdone yourself this time. Having seen many of the projects already, all I can say is WOW!!!

Pru said...

Phew, Grandma, you have been a busy lady! Stunning work, as always. I love the fact that you have combined so many of your amazing talents for one baby shower. Did you make it to MDS&W? I was there on Sunday.