Saturday, December 16, 2006

Like My New Wheels...

My loom is very portable albeit on the heavy side. I saw a Baby Wolf that had wheels (Schacht calls it the Stroller) and decided I wanted to make them for my loom. They work beautifully. When you close the loom the cross bars collapse and the wheels engage. The wood piece with the wheel attached is notched out a bit to custom fit the loom frame. That makes the wheel attachment extra sturdy. One of my other hobbies is woodworking and it comes in handy in the most unexpected ways. It just saved me $85.

While visiting the Schacht website I saw other accessories. One Schacht calls the "High Castle Tray" for handy storage and the other is "Wolf Trap" for holding shuttles and bobbins while weaving. I bought the supplies to make the Wolf Trap today.

If I keep going I'll have my loom all pimped out before you know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to have to come up there and stop you if you add tiny pom poms to
the high castle ;-) love the new wheels!