Monday, January 23, 2006

Dessert Anyone?

I was winding my wool into balls to begin swatching for my SFCKAL project and couldn't help but notice the wool looks like yummy sorbet. The colors are pumpkin, apricot, coral, framboise, bright lilac, and dark green.

My husband and I went to see "The New World" today. I loved it! The movie was inspired by the story of John Smith (Colin Farrell) and Pocahontas (Q'orianka Kilcher). You get a good sense of the relationship between the European and Native American culture during the settlement of Jamestown in 1607. The movie was filmed in Virginia not far from the original Jamestown settlement. I highly recommend it to anyone.

1 comment:

vanessa said...

i am getting a color card in the mail from shelridge farms, hoping i can sub their colors for the sfc vest.
how much violence is in the new world movie?