Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Stranded Mittens

I finished the Squirrel and Oak mittens minus the Squirrel and Oak (motif) for Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge. The mittens were fun to knit and I plan on knitting another pair but this time with the Squirrel and Oak. The original pattern called for 48 sts and 53 rnds but I had to knit 60 sts and 63 rnds to fit my hands. This was a fun knit.Since I will be away for the 'official' cast-on of Dales's of Nor(th America) KAL slated for January 20, 2007, I decided to go ahead and start swatching. Sirdal calls for a gauge of 24 sts and 28 rnds on 3mm or 3.5mm and 4". I wasn't even close using 3.5mm (US 4) needles. I got 28sts and 32rnds.
Hey, do you think I could double dip and use my Dale's of Nor(th America) project for Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge? Hmmmm...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great mittens. I hope next year to make more stranded mittens, they are such fun.

I'm using my Dale for both the Stranded Challenge and the Dale KAL. Why not kill 2 birds with one stone? Although I don't advocate killing birds :-)

Anonymous said...

i love your mittens :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri. I was surfing WeaveRing and found your blog. Welcome aboard. You knitting and your mittens are lovely!

Lorraine said...

Hi Terri- You could use it for both KAL's- it fits the criteria.

We're thinking of using the Norwegian Time Zone for cast-on, it gives us almost an extra day.

Anonymous said...

These mittens are unbelievably gorgeous - they must be the most beautiful pair I've seen for long, seriously! What a great pattern - you did a fantastic job knitting them up!